FOR WRITING A FUNDING PROPOSAL
The Project will employ three full-time and three part time staff.
- Project Director (full time)- Responsible for hiring project staff, overseeing
project development and operation, establishing and maintaining links with
local government agencies, and budget. The Project Director will be Harjono
Soemadji (author of this proposal).
- Center Coordinator (full time)- Responsible for establishing the community Center,
developing working relationships with formal and informal community leaders,
establishing links to community women's organizations, and scheduling of
- Volunteer Coordinator (full time)- Responsible for recruiting university student
volunteers, establishing and maintaining a working linkage with the UNPEMPER
Department of Food and Nutrition, developing and offering training programs
for volunteers, scheduling volunteers for service at the Center. The Volunteer
Coordinator will have a background in food and nutrition and will be housed
in the Department of Food and Nutrition.
- Project Evaluator (part time) - Responsible for collecting entry level
data regarding mother's health and nutrition information and conducting
periodic assessment of changes in their level of knowledge, comprehension,
and application of that information. Also responsible for developing and
implementing a system for periodic formative evaluation of the work of
the student volunteers.
- Center Assistant (part time) - Responsible for maintaining the structure
and appearance of the Center, routine correspondence, and other forms of
communication with mothers in the community.
- Graphic Artist (part time) - Responsible for creating illustrated posters
to teach about food and nutrition information, layout/design of project
publications, and development of volunteer recruitment and training materials.
- Governing Board - A 10 member Board made up of both community leaders and university
staff. Responsible for sanctioning the operation of the Center, providing
feedback to the Project Director on Center policies and operation, and serving as a viable link to the local community.